Friday, August 26, 2011

Whatever Works



James's favorite Spiderman cereal bowl got a crack in it a few weeks back, so I was sneakily trying to toss it, but of course he caught me. "Mom! What are you doing? Don't throw it away!"
I explained that a bowl with a crack in it was not much use, but his face was so tragical that I relented. I figured we could still use it for goldfish crackers or something, so it went back on the shelf.
The boys have gotten old enough to get themselves a bowl of cereal in the morning, which is great for me. They usually do a pretty good job of not making a mess, and no more dragging me out of bed at o-dark thirty to feed them. When I got up this morning and saw the spiderman bowl sitting on the counter half full of milk and cereal dregs, I didn't think much of it.

But after a few sips of coffee, I remembered the crack and wondered why there wasn't milk all over the table. Upon closer examination, I found this.



What can I say? My son is a genius.

4 comments:

Erika said...

And he remembered! That's impressive. It kinda reminds me of those diaper commercials where they can hold any amount of liquid. these band-aids are so great they can keep back the waterfall of milk.

Jonesey said...

so great!

Anonymous said...

Like Mother, like son....
Lest we forget what you put that player piano together with!=} There was quite possibly a Bandaid involved in that.

diber said...

Laughing so hard!!! I love the post-its.