Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Once upon a time....

...we got married.
Ten years ago today to be precise. There isn't a very succint way to compress ten years of life into one blog post so I won't try. Instead I'll post a picture.



Of all the pictures from our wedding day, I feel like this one captures the joy of the moment the best- just after we had exited the sanctuary and were on our way to our unknown future.
That unknown future has brought with it joy and sorrow, success and failure, the birth of four children, and the death of two. But after all of that, I can only give glory to God that the joyful smiles are still on our faces and our marriage is strong, despite all the unknowns. From the painful experiences of friends and loved ones over the past few years, I know that God has been very merciful to us. It makes me humble, and even a bit afraid- but a good kind of fear. A fear that keeps me begging for that daily mercy to love and serve, even as Christ has loved and served us.
I love you Stephen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You made me cry......but a happy kind of crying!
Happy 10th you two.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary -what a sweet post

Ken said...

I was just thinking about your wedding last Sunday at church when we were singing "O Come My Soul, Bless Thou the Lord" :) I remember sitting in the balcony at Faith, getting all weepy singing that song :)

emilie said...

oops that was Emily not Ken :)