Sunday, June 22, 2008

My boy, the amazing reader

So it's official; James can read. I know, impressive. This little video proves it- he has never seen this book before, I promise. (disregard the fact that it is battered, beaten, and maybe a little bit memorized, and he had to cheat by looking ahead) So okay, maybe he isn't reading quite yet, but I still thought this was pretty cute- even though the counting at the end could use a little work.



In other news, I chopped my hair off in preparation for our big trip on Tuesday. I will give you the straight and semi- curly versions of it. I like it better straight, but the curly version takes no effort, so it might be winning out on most of these humid days.
I will be in WA for a little while (say about a month) so I don't know if I will be blogging. Maybe I will try and post some shots of the big wedding. I am very excited to get there.
Oh, and since Etienne has been slightly neglected on here of late, I will announce that he is taking small and tentative steps at last. So there you go Erika. Also he says 'no, okay, uh oh, car, and ball.' He is brilliant as well.

Until next time.....



3 comments:

Dolly said...

LOOOOOOVE the straight look! I was actually just thinking of getting the same cut! Hope you don't mind a copy cat!
Have fun in the NW! I'm jealous!

Moriah @ Please Pass the Salt said...

First things first. That is so hilarious because my kids know the exact same book and "read" it to themselves. More Madeline, though, than Drew. She carts it everywhere.

The funniest part was James yanking the book waaaaaaay out of Etienne's reach. Seen that one a few times myself.

Your looks the same length as the last time I saw you, so I guess it's been a while :) Super cute, as always.

Erika said...

YEAH! Love the hair, straight is cute, but I totally understand about the time thing. Adam said today in the car "I am getting excited to see James" the only child Adam has ever been attached to. ;) I can't wait to see walkin' boy! See you Wednesday!!