Friday, July 20, 2007

Preparing for departure

We have been busy to say the least the last few days. We leave in less than three days, and I am at that point where I am beginning to realize just how much more we have left to do before we leave, and Steve even more so. The last three vacations we have taken have involved my active participation in helping him finish up jobs before leaving, whether it be mixing concrete or installing ceiling fans. Currently he is working on a sewage problem at one of his rental properties. I hope he won't be asking my help again.
He ran home today for a quick bite of lunch before going to the bank, and as I was writing up a deposit slip I realized that today was our sixth anniversary. I mentioned this fact to him, and we both started laughing. Oops. In our defense, we have been looking at this trip as partly an anniversary celebration, since we will be returning to Aix, the place where we met, and so have not been thinking of celebrating it here. I made up a nice dessert anyways.
I am afraid the television has been on a little bit more than usual while I have been organizing stuff. I have been justifying it by letting them watch Disney movies in French, preparatory for meeting their French speaking cousins. That is a good reason, isn't it? It is really hard to resist when both of my sons are so mesmerized by it.




Well, maybe not Etienne, but I love how James doesn't even notice his screaming brother.



Oh, and I chopped my hair for the big trip. My shortest cut yet.





I will try and post some pictures of our voyage, but it might not be for a month or so. See ya later.

2 comments:

Bryonie said...

I hope you guys are enjoying your trip - can't wait to read all about it! Wish you could swing up north to Scotland...

Aunt Brenda said...

Hey Nick,
Thanks for updating. We really loved following your trip....a few weeks later. Feel free to take pictures of other folks, too (Brian's kids?)since he's no good at sending pics. Ettienne is sooo cute! We can't wait to see the boys in Dec...