Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Adventures with James

We entered the terrible twos about a month ago, and Steve and I were interested to see if that cliche was really true. Well, James isn't necessarily naughtier now than when he was 23 months, but he sure is keeping us on our toes. Steve went to work the other day, and forgot to lock the gate. James has made a habit of escaping down the street when we aren't looking. I swear he can dissapear in about 22 seconds. He is very sneaky. The older neighbor lady has found him a couple of times in her yard, and I am sure she considers us the worst parents in the world, going so far as to donate a lock for our gate. Well, so Steve had left and I of course was nursing and James was playing outside. I heard someone talking outside, so I peeked out the window and there was a nice old man on our curb with a cane, trying to herd James back onto the sidewalk. Poor old guy, he was really panicky, because he couldn't keep up with him. Talk about feeling like a terrible mother.

He is sneakier, but he is also a lot more entertaining. Georgia has been having one of the driest summers for many years until about a week ago. We have been deluged several times recently; you know the kind of rain that suddenly turns your street into a raging river and causes your lawn to grow about six inches a day? James has been loving it, and if it were'nt for the thunder that freaks him out, he would play in it all day. As it is, he doesn't really venture farther than the porch steps.





This last little adventure I was not too surprised about. Every mother seems to have a story of their children getting into makeup at some point. I have been trying to start packing for our big trip, and fool that I am, I left the toiletry bag down and then ran some errands, leaving James with daddy. He only noticed in time to take these lovely photographs.


Why he put it on his legs I don't know.

1 comment:

Moriah @ Please Pass the Salt said...

Aww, his hair is all grown back! Time for another summer cut... (steve?) JUST KIDDING! Leave it long, it's soo cute.

Oh, and Madeline does a mean job with the mascara.