Monday, July 2, 2007

Following the Trend

After months of wondering what would compel someone to put their life on display for the entire world to see, I cave to pressure. After all, everybody really is doing it. I am pretty much just hoping that blogging will encourage me to get some of the millions of pictures of my children out of my i photo files and into a format that grandmas and aunties can see. No more will people complain that the only place they can see my kids is on Marie's blog. We also just bought a house that is an unbelievable eyesore, but I hope to monitor it's progress from the place where gansters hang out to drink beer and break windows, to a cozy home for my kids to grow up in. We shall see.





These are my boys, James Anthony John and Etienne Emmanuel Perot. These names help explain the title of my blog. Whereas James represents the English and American heritage of our marriage, poor Etienne carries the banner for the French portion. I shouldn't say poor Etienne. There are many things to be proud of in being French. Just don't mention that in America.
So Steve speaks French to the kids, I attempt to when I remember, and together we hope to raise a family of well balanced bi lingual children. James still isn't speaking any language fluently, and Etienne just smiles and drools, so it is hard to gage our success thus far. We hope to make some progress when we go to France for three weeks in just 19 days. I am so excited.

1 comment:

Moriah @ Please Pass the Salt said...

I (proudly) will leave your very first comment. I should get a cookie or something. 19 days! I was wondering! Except now it's probably like, 17. Hope you're buying stock in Benadryl. I mean, it won't be like, the shortest flight ever, you know.