Saturday, September 17, 2011

And it was just right

I often feel like Goldilocks when it comes to the weather. June through August is too hot. December through March is too cold, but for a few weeks in Spring and Fall, it is just right.

This is where our thermostat has been sitting, morning and night for the past couple of weeks-

The doors and windows have been open with absolutely no use of the a/c or heat. I live for these days. I feel like I am waking up after the long lethargy of summer swelter.

It's the kind of weather that makes me spontaneous, and very willing to load up all the kids and meet daddy at the park for a picnic.


(Check out Seb's face. This is what he does every time I ask him to smile. He is not being goofy, it just takes him awhile to contort his face into the right position.)



Trying to figure out what that poky green stuff is.




Just chillin'




And just 'cause I can't resist those blue eyes




Thank you God, for a breath of fresh air!

2 comments:

Hannah G said...

Amen to that. Bundling kids in coats and hats and five pairs of boots and gloves just to go for a walk is not my favorite thing to do with my hour of "free" time. And coming home with everyone thirsty and dripping sweat isn't so fun either. Hurray for days when the temp is the same indoors and out!

Erika said...

Ah, so glad you're blogging again! Such cute boys.