Wednesday, May 14, 2008

seven somethings

So I sat down and tried to figure out seven things about me that other people might want to hear, and I even learned some new things about the world along the way.

For instance, I was going to boast that I have swum in three of the earths four oceans (Pacific, Atlantic, and Indian) but then found out that in 2000, the Southern ocean was established- being all that cold cold water way down south. Three out of five oceans doesn't sound as impressive, but I have also taken a dip in the Mediterranean, and both the English and French sides of the English Channel.

I have a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad fear of heights. I inherited it from my father. It is my only phobia, except maybe fear of cockroaches.

I have driven across this great country of ours seven times, and that in the space of only four years.

Since I misspelled the word in a first grade spelling bee, to this day I always second guess how to spell adress, I mean address, I mean adress......

I am a word game fanatic- especially Scrabble. My husband has never played a game with me. I am not sure why- I am not that competitive about it.

I really really really dislike reality t.v. Especially American Idol and Super Nanny.

A few friends and I once, by mere chance, ran into and shook the hand of his royal highness Charles, the crowned Prince of Wales. The next day we were front page in most of the British tabloids, and described as "hundreds of screaming American girls mobbing the Prince."

So I guess that is seven. I would tag some more people, but I think everyone I know in blog land has already been tagged a couple of times. Is this like a chain letter that will lead to the heartbreak of many many individuals if I don't continue it? Sorry.

5 comments:

Bryonie said...

Hey there Nick - I didn't know about the heights thing - Josh is the same way!
Thanks for posting the graduation pics - those were really fun to see.

Leanne said...

You are better than I, because you actually responded to the seven questions. I only had one other person i could tag, and also could not think of seven things off hand. so there you have it.

Moriah @ Please Pass the Salt said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICK!

Derek said...

Hullo Nicky! I was just blog-stalking, and thought I'd comment.

I have to say that of all the facts I've read (and there are, I have discovered, a great many of them in assorted Kvale family blogs) yours are by far the most intriguing.

Erika said...

I am already missing you guys. :( We're in CA now with the Gutierrez fam...headed to Tacoma on Thursday AM. Hope you're doing well!