Friday, March 2, 2012

Tornado distraction

We are having tornado warnings again today. Those things never used to phase me until last April and the bad storms we had. Now I jump every time the wind blows the door shut, and I try not to think about the fact that we have no basement in this house. So, to distract myself, I will blog a bit in between staring at the weather channel.

I thought I should make some mention of my baby turning one last week- well almost two weeks ago now. I tried to get a good photo shoot of him for the occasion, but he is so wiggly that they are kind of blurry.





He took his first wobbly steps on leap day, but still much prefers crawling. That is sooner than all of his brothers by about five months. I guess he has a lot of keeping up to do.





Happy birthday sweet boy!

I have also not mentioned the fact that we just returned from the craziest road trip on record. We went to Florida with my sister, her hubby and all of our kids (ten in all) in one fifteen passenger van. I am trying to decide if I want to write up all the details on that. Needless to say it was an adventure, but I can't believe how much fun we had, even with all the chaos. If I don't get around to posting, here are some pictures from my sister's blog. http://8dawsons.blogspot.com/


I am already starting to dig up the yard for this year's garden. I can't believe it is time to think about planting again. We had such a mild winter that some of our plants are still going out there- swiss chard, cilantro and strawberries all winter long! How weird is that? I think our front yard is secretly a greenhouse.

Well, I think the warnings are over for a while- so I can breath a bit. Call me crazy, but it's just a little unnerving when your weather service is telling you that severe, tornado- spawning thunderstorms are imminent in your area. I think it's something about the word severe, or maybe imminent, or it could just be the phrase tornado-spawning that's getting to me. Who knows.

No comments: