Thursday, April 8, 2010

Together Again

Hello to anyone who might be reading this old, unloved web-log. I figure this is still the best way to share news with the most people in the easiest way.
Steve came to visit for Easter, which was wonderful but way too short. The only reason I was able to say goodbye to him again without weeping was that we have come to the decision to move to Memphis to be together with him. This was a move I always said I would never make, but you do what you have to do. At this point it is a temporary move, but if there is one thing I have learned this year, it is that God is in control of our lives, not me. If anyone had told me a year ago that I would end up spending six months with my parents away from my husband, I would have laughed. But by the time we leave in three weeks, it will have been exactly six months.
And the future is quite a blank to me, which is actually kind of exciting. I have never before moved to a new city where I know absolutely nothing about it(except Elvis) and nobody in it(except Steve). But home is where the family is, and any uncertainties or doubts I may have are completely overwhelmed by the thought of having a father and husband close by again.
As to this blog- I don't know if I will have a computer or wireless access, but if and when I do, I will try and get this old thing up and running again. Thanks for reading.

6 comments:

Leanne said...

Ahh...we will miss seeing you and your boys around these parts, but also understand that having your family together as one again will be a good thing. I regret that we have not had you and the boys over more then the one time we did, but the last leg of my pregnancy found me not feeling well or wanting to do anything. Maybe we can squeeze in another play date before you treck back across the country, now that I am feeling much more humane again. We are so close after all.

emilie said...

Wow Nicky... Memphis. I bet it's a really cool place once you get past all the Elvis stuff. Wasn't somebody on 3rd North from Memphis??

Hannah G said...

So glad to hear that you'll be back with your dear husband. That's a looong time to be away! We'll be praying for you during the move and the settling-in process. Sorry to miss seeing you when you've been out west for so long!

Jonesey said...

We miss you Nicky! And your family!

I've been singing soprano so you know the church & choir are missing you :)

When Jones was offered the job as security guard to work nights (all night) I had said for a long time, no that will never do for me. Not gonna do it. But we did it and the Lord provided sleep when needed and good friends to help take care of us!

I'm glad you can be back together again and we will continue to pray for you!

Erika said...

I have been praying that the transition will be easy for you and the boys! That's a lot of changin' in a few weeks. And in 6 months I suppose.

Anonymous said...

Ummm................i REALLY miss your blog.
Love, Aunt Bree