Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Something to blog about

Life has been pretty slow around here- a lot of staying indoors to avoid the heat and working on potty training for my big boy Etienne. I know it is kind of early for potty training- he just turned two, but I really don't want to wait a year and summer time is by far the best time to do it. Thankfully he has been doing great so far. I have discovered he will do just about anything for chocolate.
Anyways- we did manage to get out of the house and into the pool last week. My kids are generally afraid of water. Seb hates his bath and Etienne screams if water gets anywhere near his eyes. James isn't bold near water either, but by the end of the day, Steve had him dunking under and even opening his eyes. Seb loved floating in his floaty thing and Etienne was the only one who stayed pool side most of the afternoon. For me, it just felt good to float for awhile.





2 comments:

LeFebvre Momma said...

Looks like you guys had fun - I can't belive it was one afternoon and now James puts his face underwater! From a mom who is trying to teach her daughter that very same thing, I am impressed.

Erika said...

We've been doing a lot of the same thing. The weather has been scorching! Yesterday my mom and I floated in the pool for a few hours, it was SO nice, but almost not cold enough (the water I mean) pretty much reminded me of GA summers, living indoors or in the pool.