Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Kites and Slides

The weather has been so lovely this week- around eighty with a nice breeze and best of all- no humidity yet. We have been spending as much time out of doors as possible before the damp, stifling, suffocating, giant bug nurturing, lock your doors and bar your windows weather sets in (can you tell I don't like humidity? I may have mentioned it before)

We took a walk to our great little park the other evening to fly James's first kite- a 1$ buzz light year trinket that lasted one evening. It did fly for a while though.


Can you see Seb's little tooth poking out?


It was hard to get any good pictures of James running like mad with the kite high above him- he got pretty tired of it after a while, so we moved on to the play ground-


This playground was built by the community. They asked for volunteers and about two hundred people showed up. They built almost the entire thing in one Saturday. I was pretty impressed. Anyways, the whole play ground is fun, but the obvious main attraction is the giant slide. The boys (all four of them) had a blast.








Here's to hoping this weather will last!

3 comments:

Dolly said...

I hate humidity with a passion that almost rivals yours. :-)Must be in our Washington blood?

I can't get over how different all your boys look!

Hannah G said...

Oh, I can't wait until it's playground weather again! (It SNOWED this week...) That giant slide looks like tons of fun, although Seb looks like he's not so sure!

Erika said...

Ooh I would love that weather again. I'm missing my Georgia tan. But I am happy to say I am not missing the humidity or even the thought of it. That park is so fun!