Monday, November 17, 2008

I don't even know what to say

I thought of several titles for this post- " You can't do it all" " While the cat's away the mice will play" " I can't turn my back for a moment" "just keepin it real" and so forth and so on.
Several of my friends have been talking about the frustration of the never ending cleaning cycle, so I am joining in.
This morning I decided it was time to clean a little bit, or a lot maybe. Having a small house can be nice, in that it doesn't take very long to clean, but it also seems to get messy much faster. It was really the bedrooms that needed sprucing up and organizing- the living room/kitchen was relatively clean, so I took advantage of Seb's morning nap to tackle the rooms. I told my older boys to play outside- got their shoes on, coats on etc. Then I got to work. They played outside for a little bit- then I heard them come in, but I figured since they were quiet I wouldn't check on them. Instead I focused on actually finishing a job for once. This is what I came out too about half an hour later. I wish I had a before picture.








But the bedrooms are spotless! Now on to the living room again!

8 comments:

Moriah @ Please Pass the Salt said...

See? I told you, it's better to clean when they are tucked away for the NIGHT. :)

Erika said...

Oh that is so frustrating! But at least it looks like they had fun. :)

Darcee said...

I love that picture of Etienne in the cupboard. He's so cute! :)

Laura said...

Do we live in the same house???!

Leanne said...

Sometimes, I will take the mess if it means a few minutes of quiet to get a job done. Does emailing and blogging count as a job?

Dolly said...

Does Seb take his naps in the swing like Olivia does??

Hannah G said...

This also looks like a scene from our own madhouse.

That is why this Bible verse is now one of my very favorites:

Where there are no oxen, the manger is clean, but abundant crops come by the strength of the ox. (Pr 14:4)

So a bunch of boys is not exactly oxen (bulls in a china shop, maybe), but our manger is definitely not clean. And we may have to wait for, oh, another 15 years for those abundant crops. But you get the picture...

Christina said...

I know your pain!!!